We are contemplating the idea of offering a series of classes and want to know if you would be interested in taking a class with us. The first class we would offer is “How to Create a Dynamic Website or Blog with WordPress” and would be great for anyone seeking to build and maintain a website easily, especially writers, artists, creative individuals, or bloggers. We want to offer this class to (1) individuals who like to do things themselves but want to learn the best practices and get things done right, & (2) individuals who want a new website but can’t afford to hire a web design firm to build a custom website so are seeking to try setting up a basic version themselves (FYI: our custom website packages range anywhere from $1500 – $10,000+).
Here are the tentative details for the class:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
How to Create a Dynamic Website or Blog with WordPress
Time: 10AM – 4PM (or similar time frame), includes a break for lunch
Class Size: 8
Class Level: Beginner
During this class, you will learn to create your new WordPress website from start to finish!
This class is for:
• Those seeking to build and maintain a website easily
• Those looking to update a website either by themselves or as part of a team
• Those who want to create a web presence without learning coding languages
• Artists, writers, creative individuals, or others looking to maintain a portfolio/personal website and/or blog
The class will cover:
• Wordpress Installation & Setup
• Basics of WordPress CMS
• Adding posts & pages
• Editing sidebars, menus, installing plugins, and other additional features
• Customizing existing templates
• General security practices
• Backing up your website
Plus, extras like:
• Basic SEO tips and practices for WordPress
• Image optimization
• Tips for improved website performance
• UX (User Experience) & design practices
• Mobile / Responsive design
• The class will be conducted as a hands-on group workshop. We will walk you through every step of the process while our team of web professionals will be available for one-on-one attention, guidance, and consulting.
• You will receive a PDF Manual to keep for future reference.
• The class comes with 2 weeks of additional email consulting and support after the class.
• We will provide lunch, water, & tea. [Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions] You can also opt to bring your own lunch.
What you need to bring:
• Domain Registration & Hosting (WordPress compatible)
[If you don’t already have a hosting account, you can host with us for an additional fee (contact us for details or questions)]
• Your laptop (Mac or PC is fine)
• Your goals and ideas for your new website
• (To help speed up the process, you can come to class even more prepared with the following already downloaded to your computer: FTP Client (such as Filezilla), basic text editor (such as Smultron), and WordPress files (from WordPress website) – [links will be provided].
Not included in the class cost:
• Fees for domain registration & hosting
• Fees for purchasing premium themes (not required, free theme options are available)
• To better tailor the class for you, please follow this link (TBD) to fill out a short questionnaire that covers your skill levels, goals and desires for your website, and other pertinent information to help us help you. Read More